This article is part of the Classic Commissary Module documentation. Click here for more information on the Classic Commissary Module.
Utilizing the Commissary Feature in Restaurant365 enables external Customers to create Commissary Orders from within the Commissary Customer Portal. The Commissary Customer Portal functionality is part of the Commissary Feature and is included in the cost of the Commissary Feature.
Please contact R365 Support for more information about adding the Commissary Feature to your R365 instance.
Commissary Customer Portal Setup
In order to enable the use of the Commissary Customer Portal, Customer Records must be created for each Customer that will be accessing the system and creating Commissary Orders. Each Customer Record will also need to have Portal Access granted to them on the Customer Record.
To create a new Customer Record, please follow the steps outlined in the Customer Record training article. Make sure to include all relevant customer-specific information on the 'General' tab of the Customer Record as these details will be utilized when creating AR Invoices for the Customer going forward.
Enable Customer Access
To enable Portal Access, once the Customer Record has been created, open the Customer Record and navigate to the 'Customer Additional Info' tab. Check the 'Commissary Customer' checkbox and the 'Commissary Info' tab will become visible.
Navigate to the 'Commissary Info' tab and select the designated Commissary Location for this Customer. All orders made by this Customer will originate from the Commissary Location that is selected in this field.
- Note: If a Commissary Location has not previously been created, it is recommended that a new Location record be created to represent the Commissary. If each Location will act as a 'Commissary' to external Customers, the representing Location can be selected as the Commissary for this Customer.
Check the 'Portal Access' checkbox and provide the email address that the Customer will use to login to the Customer Portal as well as receive Commissary Order notifications. Prior to clicking the 'Send Temporary Password' button, save the Customer record, then click the 'Send Temporary Password' button.
Commissary Customers will then receive an invitation email. The User will be prompted to change their password upon first login.
Upon first login, the Commissary Customer will not have any Commissary Orders. Limited actions will be available on the Customer Portal.
1) Username Menu - Customers can manage their portal access password by hovering over their Username in the top right corner and selecting 'Change Password'
2) Commissary Orders List - Users will be able to open records to view / change them as needed
3) Commissary AR List - Users will be able to open records to view / change them as needed
4) Commissary Menu - Users will be able to create new Commissary Orders here
Create a Commissary Order
To create a Commissary Order, the Customer hovers over the 'Commissary' menu in the top ribbon and selects 'New Commissary Order'.
- Note: For Customers whose Commissary Locations have been upgraded to the Smart Ops Commissary Module, the modal that appears will display the 'Ordering Location' selector instead of the 'Location' selector and include an 'Order Guide' selector, where the Customer can select the desired Order Guide to fill out.
This action will open the Commissary Order form where the Customer will be able to set the Order date and the quantities of available Commissary Items. Click here for more information on setting up the Commissary Template.
- Note: The 'Location', 'Delivery Day', and 'Customer' fields will all be locked for Commissary Customers as these values are set on the Customer record.
Submit a Commissary Order
After the Customer selects the desired Order date and updates the quantities for the Order, they have the option of saving, submitting, or canceling the order via the 'Save' menu in the top ribbon.
- Save - This will save the order without submitting
- Save and Close - This will save the Order without submitting and closes the Order Form window
- Submit and Close - This submits the Commissary Order to the Commissary location. Submitted Orders can only be changed if they have not been locked by the Commissary. Once a submitted Order has been locked, it cannot be changed
- Cancel Order - This will notify the Commissary that the Order has been canceled by the Customer