Restaurant365 allows users to print their own checks without relying upon pre-printed check stock. This gives users greater flexibility and added security as they will not have to keep pre-printed check stock on premises, or under lock and key. Blank checks also offer additional convenience, allowing you to print multiple checks out of multiple checkbooks in a single check run, with no need to go into the printer and change the checks between changing the checkbook in the system. Click here for training on how to Print Checks
Check Printing Requirements:
To be able to print checks in Restaurant365, you need to purchase the following items, and complete the following setup steps:
1) Blank Check Stock
- Form #1000 Canadian Business Check or Check, Stub, Stub from Versacheck
- You can order Blank Check Stock from various online retailers or Brick and Mortar office supply stores. Form #1000 Canadian Business Check can be purchased directly from Versacheck
2) Double Window Check Envelopes (optional)
- Self-Sealing Voucher Check Envelope (3-9/16 H x 8-3/4 W) from Versacheck
- If you plan on mailing checks to your Vendors, you may consider purchasing double window check envelopes for easy check mailing
- You can order the Self-Sealing Voucher Check Envelope from various online retailers or Brick and Mortar office supply stores. Self-Sealing Voucher Check Envelope can be purchased directly from Versacheck
3) MICR (Magnetic Character Ink Recognition) Toner for your MICR-capable printer
- Some banks require MICR ink be used when printing checks. As this is not a universal requirement in the digital banking age, it is recommended that you contact your bank to inquire if MICR ink is required.
- Restaurant365 recommends that if your bank requires the use of MICR ink on issued checks, that your organization purchases a dedicated MICR printer for check printing purposes.
4) Set Where Checks will Print From
Depending on your organizational philosophy, you have the option to Print Checks from your Legal Entity (the Legal Entity that owns the Location that is Paying the Check), or you can Print Checks from the Location itself. This is a Global setting and is not specific to Legal Entities or Locations. It can be set on the System Preferences: Miscellaneous Tab. The Default selection is 'Legal Entity'. Make you decision and update accordingly, making sure to 'Save' on the System Preferences page.
Legal Entity Example:
5) Set User Security Roles
6) Classify your GL Accounts as Bank Accounts
In Restaurant365, Bank Accounts reside in the General Ledger as GL Accounts. To classify a GL Account as a Bank Accounts, check the 'Is Bank Account' checkbox on the GL Account Record (as shown below):
7) Setup each Bank Account
When a GL Account is identified as a Bank Account it can be used to pay AP Payments. Additionally, the GL Account will appear in the Bank Accounts list (in the Banking subsection of the Accounting Module) and will be made available on the Bank Activity and Bank Reconciliation screens. Click here for more information on Bank Activity, and Bank Reconciliation.
Each Bank Account will likely have unique information on the Bank Account record. Complete each required field on the Bank Account Record to complete your Check Printing Setup.
- Please Note: For Canadian Bank Accounts, ensure to select the 'Canada' Check Format on the Bank Account record
Click here for more information on the Bank Account record