A Sales Item, or a 'Sell Only' Item, is something you are going to sell to a Customer but are not going to enter in your POS system. It may be something such as consulting services or rental of equipment. It is an item that you will add to an AR Invoice and send to your customers for payment. Sell Only Items can also be used in the Franchising Module, or in the Commissary Module
Create a Sales Item
To add a New Sales Item to Restaurant365, hover over the 'Item' menu, then hover over the 'Setup' sub-menu and select 'New Sales Item'. The Sales Item Form will load in a new tab.
1) Name - Enter a Name for the Sale Item
2) Type - The Type is set automatically to 'Sell Only'. This cannot be changed
3) Catering Item - Check this box if the Sales Item will also be a Catering Item. When checked, the 'Catering' tab will appear where Catering specific settings are required. Click here for more information on Catering Items
4) Number - Enter a Number for the Sales Item. Numbers are optional and can be used for sorting purposes
5) Description - Enter a Description for the Sales Item. Descriptions are optional and can be used for sorting purposes
6) Commissary Item - Check this box if the Sales Item will also be a Commissary Item. Click here for more information on Commissary Items
7) Available in AR Invoice - This box is checked by Default and allows the Sales Item to be selected on the AR Invoice and AR Credit Memo forms
8) Active - This box is checked by Default and signifies that the Item is Active. Uncheck this box to deactivate the Sales Item
9) Actual as Theoretical - When checked, the Actual usage will be used in place of the Theoretical usage for calculations on the AvT Report. When unchecked (default), the Theoretical Usage will be used as expected.
1) Selling U of M - Select the Selling U of M. This will be automatically set when selling the Item on an AR Invoice
2) Price Type - Select the Price Type. Depending on the selection, #3 will be updated to reflect the type
- Set $ Amount - Enter a set dollar amount in the 'Price (selling)' (#3) field for the selling price of the Sales Item. Each time the Sales Item is added to an AR Invoice or Commissary Order, it will use the set price
- Cost % Markup - Enter a Markup Percent for the sales price of the Item. This option should only be used on Purchased Items that are also set as AR Sales Items or Commissary Items, as the Inventory Cost is set on the Purchased Item record and can therefore be used to calculate the Cost % Markup value. When properly used, the Inventory Cost value will be multiplied by the Markup Percent value, then added to the Inventory Cost value to get the Selling Price. For example: Inventory Cost = $100, Cost % Markup = 15%, Selling Price = (100 * .15) + 100 = $115
3) Price - This value is used in conjunction with the 'Price Type' option and is described above
4) Commissary Category - Select a Commissary Category for the Sales Item for Sales Items that will be used with the Commissary feature
5) Sales Account - Select the Sales Account where the Sale of the Item will be recorded
6) Taxable - Check this box if the Sales Item should be considered Taxable. This setting will override the 'Taxable' setting set on the Customer record. When checked, the 'Tax' checkbox will be checked on the AR Invoice form during Item entry. Taxable Items will be calculated against the set Tax Rate on the AR Invoice.
This tab will contain each Transaction that has used the Sales Item. Existing Sales Items can be viewed in the 'Sales Items' list of the 'Accounts Receivable' subsection in the Accounting Module, or in the 'Items' list in the 'Inventory' subsection of the Operations Module