This article is part of the Catering Module documentation. Click here for more information on the Catering Module
Catering Events are what drives all activity in the Catering Module. Events are where your Catering Representatives will track catering opportunities from Prospect all the way to Complete. Catering Events appear on the Catering Calendar and the Catering Event list view.
Create Catering Event
A user can create a Catering event in one of two ways: from the Catering options in the top ribbon, or by double clicking on a specific date in the Event Calendar. Each option will open the Catering Event record screen in a new tab
Catering Event Record
The Catering Event Record stores all of the information for a Catering Event and allow Users to track Catering Events from Proposal to Billing Completed. Upon opening/creating a Catering Event, the user will be brought to the General tab of the Catering Record. All subsequent tabs are accessible from this screen and will be detailed below.
Event Status and Event Actions
In addition to the tabs, two constant elements remain on the screen as the user navigates the different tabs in the Catering Event Record, namely Status (2) and Total / Total Per Guest (3). Click here for more information on Catering Event Status. Additionally, there are several Actions (4) that are unique to Catering Events. Click here for more information on Catering Event Actions
1) Event Name - Enter the Catering Event Name in this field.
2) Number - The Number for this Catering Event will be generated per the Autonumbering in Restaurant365. The field is editable if you want to number the event otherwise. Click here for more information on Autonumbering
3) Status - The Event Status is displayed in the area above the tabs in the Catering Event Record on all tabs. To display the Status, click the carrot symbol next to Status. Status will be covered in more detail in a subsequent section below
4) Event Date - The date of the Event
5) Times - Start Time and End Time are default Times established in Catering Settings. To have additional Time display here, create the Times in Catering Settings
6) Location - Select the Restaurant365 Location that the Catering Event pertains to
7) Customer - Enter the Customer in this field. If the Customer is new and has not previously been entered in to Restaurant365, a prompt will appear asking 'Do you want to add new customer?'. Clicking 'Yes' will open a New Customer prompt where the user can enter a new Customer
8) Booking Contact - Enter the Booking Contact in this field. If the Contact is new and has not previously been entered in to Restaurant365, a prompt will appear asking 'Do you want to add new contact?'. Clicking 'Yes' will open a New Contact prompt where the user can enter a new Contact
9) Contact Info - The values in this field will be populated from contact information of the Booking Contact. This is present for quick glance contact information of the Booking Contact of the Event
10) Estimated Guests - Enter in the quantity of Estimated Guests for the Event
11) Actual Guests - Upon completion of the Event, return to this screen to enter in the Actual number of Guests that attended the Event.
12) Event Type - Select the Event Type in this field. Event Types are created and managed in Catering Settings
13) Source - Select the Source for the Catering Event. Sources are created and managed in Catering Settings
14) Catering Rep - Select the Catering Representative for this event. The default value in this field will be the user ID of the individual that created the new Catering Event.
15) Site - Select the Site where the Event will take place. Click here for information on how to create and manage Sites
16) Site Address / Change Address - The default address of the Site will populate in this field upon selection of a Site. To manually change that address for this Event only (and not on the Site record), click the Change Address button. A prompt will appear where the user can update the Address
17) Room - If the Site selected has Rooms associated with it, the user will be able to select the Room that will be used for the Event. Click here for information on how to create and manage Rooms
18) Site Contact - Enter the Site Contact in this field (this may or may not be different from the Booking Contact). If the Contact is new and has not previously been entered in to Restaurant365, a prompt will appear asking 'Do you want to add new contact?'. Clicking 'Yes' will open a New Contact prompt where the user can enter a new Contact
19) Description - In this field the Catering Rep can enter in a description for the Event
20) Notes to Event Manager - Special notes can be left for the Catering Event Manger (users with the security role of Catering Read Only) in this field
21) Total / Total Per Guest - Total / Total Per Guest is displayed in the area to the right of the tabs in the Catering Event Record at all times. Total is calculated based on the values entered on the Details tab. Total Per Guest is calculated by taking the Total and dividing it by the Estimated Guests, and for final billing, by the Actual Guests
22) Action - There are several Actions that are unique to Catering Events. These will be detailed in a subsequent section below
The Details tab is where you can manage the Segments of a Catering Event, as well as add Catering Items, Catering Menu Items, and Custom Catering Items to a Catering Event.
1) Segment - Segments are displayed along the top of the Details tab. When a Segment is selected it will become blue. Click here for more information on Segments
2) Add new Segment - To create a new Segment, a user can click this button. Click here for more information on Segments
3) Add From Menu - To add Catering Menus, or Catering Menu Items, use this button. Click here for more information on Catering Menus
4) Create Custom Item - To add a Custom Catering Item use this button. Click here for more information on Catering Items
5) Item Grid - When a segment is selected, the Catering Menu Items and Catering Items in that segment will be displayed in this grid
6) Total - The total price for all of the Catering Menu Items and Catering Items in the selected Segment will be totaled here
On the Payments tab a user can enter in Payments Expected, as well as Payments Received. Payments expected are exclusively tied to the Catering Event record and have no affect on the accounting for the Catering Event. Payments Received however do have an affect on the AR of the Catering Event and are recorded as AR payments when entered in to the Payments tab. Click here for more information on Catering Payments
1) Payments Expected - Add Payments Expected using the fields here. Click here for more information on Catering Payments
2) Payments Received - Add Payments Recieved using the fields here. Click here for more information on Catering Payments
3) Payment Expected List - Previously added Payments Expected will populate this list. Values in this list will be selectable as Payments in Payments Received
4) Payments Received List - Payments Received will appear here upon adding them to the Catering Event record.
5) Totals - The totals for each payment type appear at the bottom of the lists
6) AR Payment Record Links - Each Payment Received creates an AR Payment record that is accessible by double clicking on the hyperlink in the Amount field
Tax and Charge Tab
The Tax and Charge tab is where the user will select, or update, the Item Types setup in Catering Settings for this Catering Event. A user will be able to select a template that was created in Catering Settings and make adjustments as needed.
To select an Item Type template, click the Select Template dropdown and click the desired template. This will populate all of the fields with the information previously stored in the template in Catering Settings. The Catering Rep can then make any needed changes to the percentage rates. Notice that Commission % is present on the above screenshot. Commission % is not editable and is displayed for reference.
The Totals tab will display the cost / price breakdown by Item Type, as well as the Amount Paid. The Item Type numbers are calculated using the percentages established on the Tax and Charge tab, as well as the Catering Menu Items, and Catering Items entered on the Details tab. The Paid amount and Remaining amount are calculated from the payments entered on the Payments tab
Follow Up Tab
The Follow Up tab is where Catering Reps can create Tasks (1) and add Notes (2) for themselves, or other users to see specific to the Catering Event. Notes appear in a running format with the Date/Time and Author's name (3), and Tasks appear in a list view (4). Click here for more information on Catering Follow Up / Tasks
For restaurant organizations that are also utilizing the Restaurant365 Scheduling Module, schedule shifts can be added to a Catering Event on the Shift tab. The creation of shifts (while leaving the Employee value unassigned) will create an Unassigned Shift in the Scheduling Module that a Scheduler can then assign to a qualified employee. Click here for more information on the Scheduling Module, and Unassigned Shifts
1) Select Job - Select the desired Job Title for the Shift that is being created. Click here for more information on Job Titles
2) Select Employee - The available employees in this list will be predicated on the Job Title that was selected in the previous column. If you want the Scheduler to assign an employee to this shift, leave this value blank and the Shift will be created as an Unassigned Shift. Click here for more information on Shifts
3) Date - The value in this field will default to the date of the event. Adjust as needed for the Shifts that will be necessary for the Catering Event
4) Start Time - The start time of the Catering Event Shift
5) End Time - The end time of the Catering Event Shift
6) Add/Clear Buttons - Upon completing the previous cells, click the Add button to create a Shift and add it to the Catering Event. Click Clear to clear the fields
7) Catering Event Shifts List - All Shifts that have been created for this Catering Event will be displayed in a list in this area
The Contract tab will default to the information provided in the Contract tab of Catering Settings. Users will have the opportunity to make any neccessary adjustments to the wording or contents of the Contract on this tab without altering the default wording in Catering Settings. Click here for more information on Catering Settings