The Purchase Order Module in Restaurant 365 allows store and operations managers to order items from any Vendor in the database. There is a Suggestive Quantity aspect to ordering that will suggest the amount of each product to order based on a Usage per $1000 in Sales model. Templates can be set up on a schedule to auto-populate in the system when it’s time for the order to be placed and a handy Purchasing Assistant is a wizard-like interface that walks you through all orders due today. Once the product comes in from the Vendor, POs can be converted to invoices or matched to integrated invoices. To activate the Purchase Order Module, please contact R365 support (email@example.com).
To get started with Purchase Orders, follow these steps:
- Contact R365 Support to enable Purchasing Orders
- Set User Security Access
- Users with 'Full Access' and Accounting Managers will have full access to the PO Module once it’s activated
- Restaurant Managers can access the PO Module with the exception of Submitting a PO
- Assign the 'Submit Purchase Order' security role to each Restaurant Manager that will Submit (email) Orders directly to Vendors
- Setup (or review) your Vendor Items. A Vendor Item must exist for all Items/Vendors that will be ordered via Purchase Orders
- Setup Item Locations for all Items/Locations that will be ordered via Purchase Orders (an Operations Specialist or Support Team Member can help with the initial setup)
- Add email addresses to Vendor Records
- Create Purchase Order Templates, and set them to a schedule to fully utilize the Purchasing Assistant functionality
Purchase Orders is accessible in two separate places in R365.
1. The 'Operations' Module - included in the 'Purchasing' sub-section you will find the two new Purchase Orders lists: 'Purchase Orders' and 'Memorized Purchase Orders'
2. The 'Purchasing' sub-menu - under the 'Vendor menu in the top ribbon
Purchase Order Status
There are 3 statuses of Purchase Orders in the Purchase Order list view.
- Open – This Purchase Order has not been submitted and needs to be reviewed and submitted. POs in the Open Status can be deleted
- Submitted – This PO has been sent to the Vendor via email and is waiting to be invoiced. POs in the ubmitted status cannot be deleted
- Invoiced – This PO has been turned into a saved invoice and is “locked” – it cannot be deleted in this state and can only be reverted into a submitted invoice status if the attached Invoice is deleted. These Purchase Orders (and the corresponding invoice) will show a hyper-link to its counterpart.
Other screens in the software that have been modified to accommodate Purchase Orders include the Vendor Setup and Item Locations
Vendor Setup – the email address on the General tab can be used if all Locations share a single Vendor Rep. If Locations have different Reps (Op Cos) the Location Tab on the Vendor Record will allow for Location Separation of emails
Item Location – three additional fields have been added to the Item Location record:
- Usage Per $1000 (calculated nightly)
- Theoretical On Hand (calculated nightly)
- Buffer Days (used to indicate extra days for thawing/marinating etc. to be added to the Purchase Order Suggestions)
Purchase Order Form
The Purchase Order Form is where users can create POs from scratch; suggest the quantity for each item; submit the PO to the vendor via email; and create memorized templates. Click here for training on the Purchase Order Form
Memorized Purchase Orders
Memorized POs can be created with or without a corresponding schedule. The can then be used as templates in both the PO Form and the Purchasing Assistant. Click here for training on Memorized Purchase Orders
Invoicing a Purchase Order
Submitted Invoices can be turned into an invoice or matched to an integrated invoice. Click here for training on Invoicing Purchase Orders
The Purchasing Assistant is a wizard-like approach to submitting all orders due today to all vendors in one convenient tool. Click here for training on the Purchasing Assistant