This article is part of the Franchising Module training. Click here for more information on Franchising
Franchisee Billing is the process you can run to auto-create AR Invoices to bill each of your Franchisees for fees incurred in a specific date range. If the Franchisee is setup for ACH payment then this process also creates an ACH payment applied to the invoice and an ACH export file that can be uploaded to the bank to transfer the money from their account to yours.
To start the process hover over the 'Franchising' and select 'Franchisee Billing'
- Invoice Date – date to be set as the date of the AR Invoices created
- Payment Date - the date the system will assign to any AR Payments created during Franchise Billing. AR Payments are automatically created for Franchisees that have a payment type of ACH. AR Payments created will be auto applied to the AR Invoices created during billing
- Start Date – start of the date range for which you want to include fees
- End Date – end of date range for fees included
- Store – choose Stores to include in this billing process (can select one, multiple, or all)
- Bill From – choose the location the AR Invoices should be billed from
- Deposit ACH To – choose the bank account the ACH payments should be deposited in
- Include DSS Sales Check Box – Choose this option to include Daily Sales from imported Daily Sales Summaries
- Item – Choose which Fees you want billed on this invoice run. You can invoice fees separately depending on where the fees should be billed from. You may bill royalties from a different location/cost center than Marketing Co-Op Fees
- Ignore Item Account Assignment - for Franchises Fees (created as Sales Items), you can select what Bank Account those Fees should be deposited in to. When this box is checked, the Franchise Billing will ignore the set Bank Accounts on the Fee (Sales Item)
- Create Button – when you click Create the system will pick up all fees included based on the values selected in this window. It will create either 1 AR Invoice per franchisee or per store (this is based on the setting on each Franchisee record) with a line item for each fee. For those franchisees where Payment Method = ACH, an AR Payment will also be created and applied to the invoice. When the process completes it displays the number of invoices and payments created and there is a button to print the ACH export file if desired. If you export the ACH file then you can upload this to your bank to automatically transfer funds from their account to yours
Once the invoices are created, you can print or email them to customers. To do this follow these steps:
- Go to Accounting – Accounts Receivable – AR Transactions list in the left hand navigation
- Select the rows of the invoices you want
- Just above the grid click the 'Edit Selected' button and hover over the 'Print' sub-menu and select 'Print/Email Invoices'
- In the window that pops up select either Print or Email, select your desired Report Format, and click Submit
- If you select Email as the Send Option then the invoices will all automatically be emailed out individually. User Email Settings must be in place to use the Email function
- If you select Print as the Send Option, a new window will open up with the report and from there you select the Save As icon and select PDF from the list. The PDF is the best printable option for the report